Friday, December 16, 2011

The dreaded phone call

So a few days ago I missed a call, then got a text that read:
"Your horses are running loose!"

As a horse owner that is not a call you want. And all I could picture was them running like they were in the Kentucky Derby like they did before I owned them and they got out at the old house. I raced home to find them both back in the pasture with my father in laws there. Apparently only Jack had gotten out-somehow he had opened the gate without breaking the chain. He got out and was running around, eating grass and playing with the dogs. He had a great time and luckily stayed on our property!!!!!!!! Savannah stayed in the barn the whole time. Jack is very playful and a big goofball. He is smart too, he always stands by the gate. Maybe he has been watching us open it. The gate is fixed and he won't be getting out again. I told him Santa was not bringing him anything this year and now every morning when I leave I remind him that I don't need any calls at work about him. Kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment