Monday, June 11, 2012

New family member

Only I could go to the dentist and end up with a dog. Two weeks ago I went to a new dentist and as we were talking they asked if I had kids. I said "well kinda..I have 14 dogs."I am going to start lying about my dogs because when people hear 14 they always have one that needs a home or know someone who has one who needs a home. Sure enough the girl shows me this picture...but I said no. I told my husband about her and we agreed that we wouldn't get her. Well last week I had to go back and I asked about the puppy. She belonged to one of the girls who works there sister. And she still had her and was going to take her to the pound. We live in a county with one of the highest kill rates in the state. My head told me she would get adopted fast, my heart told no way I was taking that chance. We got the puppy. Her name is Minnie and she is 12 weeks old. She is scared of everything!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine her in a pound.

We brought her home and let her decompress in our bedroom with the doors shut. It took a few hours before she would even come out of her kennel. We really just let her relax and smell around Saturday. Sunday we slowly introduced her to her new sisters. Lola was so excited. They are the same size and so cute. But Lola is way more mellow and needs a break from her after a bit. Reba does well with her and so does Angel. At first Minnie barked and growled at them but I think when she realized they wouldn't hurt her she was more comfortable with them. Missy-because Minnie growls and barks it really puts Missy on edge..it doesn't take much. So that is still a work in progress.

Minnie is scared being outside but we did take her and Lola for a walk together and they did good. She has seen the horses and does not like them at all. I'm sure to her they look like giants. She hasn't seen Bullet yet...Bullet might be so mad he packs his stuff and leave.

Grandma-the plan was to put an orange shirt on her, rename her Summit and bring her to you but she is staying.



No comments:

Post a Comment