Thursday, February 2, 2012

Long week....

This week started off with a big surprise. I am very upset with myself about this. We found Sadie, or really she found us, a few months ago when she jumped into my truck in our driveway. We have been planning on getting her fixed but to be honest we just didn't have the money. I should of done a lot of things differently but I didn't so here we go......although she is in a fenced in yard our neighbor's dogs run loose. Sunday when we went to feed her we found 6 puppies. Because she is soooooo hairy we didn't know she was pregnant. Yet again, very upset at myself for this. She had them over night Saturday and 3 didn't make it. She really didn't know what to do and wasn't staying with them or nursing. We brought her and the other 3 to our basement to see if she would take care of them. We then decided to bring them upstairs to try to get them warm. One passed in my father in law's arms. The other two were put on blankets and a heating pad in our office. Lola took over-she kept them warm and all the other stuff mommas do except nurse. And she would of done that if she could of. We are so amazed and proud of Lola. I spent Sunday night and all day Monday  bottle feeding them. Monday we moved Sadie and the two pups to my father in laws so we could keep them warm and she would take care of them without distractions. She really started doing a great job nursing them.

But yesterday the black and white one started going downhill. He was taken to the vet and my father in law was feeding him every 3 hours. He took great care of him but we lost him last night. On top of all of this, Angel has been very sick and spent yesterday at the vet as well. She is doing better now but we are all heart broken about the puppies. I can't go back and redo anything but as soon as Sadie can be taken to get spayed she is. It was my responsibility to get this handled and I feel like I really dropped the ball. I get so mad at people who don't take care of their animals and I let Sadie down.

No comments:

Post a Comment