Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My mom's furkids

I get my love of animals from my mom. There are days I think she likes them better than us. She has always loved animals and growing up we had dogs and cats. Currently she has three dogs and a cat. Shelby is a black lab that was found in her neighborhood. We kept her and tried to find her owner. Turns out she was being fostered by a woman in the neighborhood next to us and had gotten loose. She can get off a leash in a quickness. We found out that she had originally been found on a very busy expressway and taken to the local shelter. Mom adopted her about 7 years ago. She had been abused, we think by a man. The vet found a lot of signs pointing to that including scars in her ears. It took her a long time to warm up to my Step dad and brother but she is great now. She is very mellow and doesn't bark but is terrified of thunderstorms. She will sit on your head and pant during  them...all 65 lbs of her.

Then their is Angel, who is a lab mix and 14 years old. She was my dad's dog but he couldn't take care of her so my mom took her. She is deaf and has trouble eating so she only eats wet food. I had gotten her sister Moo when they were puppies and mom kept Moo for me when I moved. Moo passed away last year but Angel seems to be holding her own.

Then my mom has the two nut balls-Major Tom and Zip. We have no idea what Major Tom is-but he is cute. My Uncle found him under a car when he was a baby. He loves his house and Shelby but freaks out when you take him out of his comfort zone. And he likes Zip the cat but has gotten rough with her in past so they have to watch him. Anytime people come over he run and hides. Then makes this noise that sounds like a rooster. He has some social issues.

Zip-my other Uncle brought her to my mom. I love animals but that cat and I don't get along. She attacks me and my dog. I get really nervous when she is around because she will attack me for no reason. My parents think it is funny.


Here is a picture of Major Tom and Zip-any guessing what he might be?

No comments:

Post a Comment