Friday, August 26, 2011

A day in the life of Lola

Written by Lola Davis

It's been about a year since I found my new family. I was really scared and lonely when my mom drove by and I ran out in front of her. Luckily she didn't hit me and stopped to see what I was. She got out of her car and I ran right to her. I had a good feeling. On the way to the house she called someone to ask him to meet her in the driveway. A short time later we pulled up to a house and guy came out. Boy he was not too happy too see me. Something about a big test he was studying for and a bulldog. My new mom promised it would be okay so she took me to meet my new sisters and brother. I really liked everyone, especially the bulldog Snort. He was so big and handsome and I loved giving him kisses. I miss him a lot. We got Reba shortly after losing Snort and well that's a whole other entry.  A few days later my new dad came home with a little pink collar just for me. I have had him wrapped around my paw ever since.



So here is a typical day for me...
In the mornings my dad gets up first. While my sisters go outside I wait til I hear food bags. Then I take off to eat my breakfast and go potty. When I go back inside I run to get back into bed with mom. My grandparents got me these cool stairs I can run right up and get back into bed. If Missy is the bed first I have to be cautious, not sure what her deal is but she can be cranky. We have a lot of blankets in the bed but my favorite is a horse blanket my mom has had since she was really little. Mom and I sleep for a little while until she has to get up. I go potty again and then go chill out in my green chair-you hear that Missy- it's my green chair. I pretend to sleep but really I am waiting on mom to not pay attention so I can go into Bullet's room to get cat food. When it's time for mom to go to work we all get treats. Angel and I go into the bedroom for the day. We can't be left out with Missy cause well..we think she is bipolar. One minute she is giving me kisses and then she snaps at me. Isn't there medication for that?

During the day Angel and I snooze and watch the food channel. Dad gets home first most days but whoever gets home first lets us out to potty and eat dinner. My sisters go bonkers for dinner but I sit and wait for mine. We have a lot of play time in the evenings. Sometimes my dad doesn't pay attention and I climb over our fence and take off to my grandfather's house. He has lots of treats! Mom gets mad but I just like to do it. I also like to help my dad find stuff in the yard like pieces of plastic from something Reba destroyed. He really likes my help. At bed time we get treats again and my dad puts me in the bed. I always wait for him to get in the bed and then I find a spot to snuggle. It takes me a couple of minutes to get the blankets the way I like them. But then it's snooze time! I love my new home. Here is a picture of my castle...



No comments:

Post a Comment