Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A day in the life of Missy

A couple of years ago I was abandoned as a puppy. I heard about bunch of dogs barking and went up a driveway to check it out. Sure enough I saw lots of dogs and cats. So I decided to run in the house and just pretend like I had been there the whole time. The really nice people there(my now grandparents) saw me and took me down the road to another house. They gave me to my dad. He is great and we are best buddies. For awhile I lived with him, my grandpa, another dog and two cats. I love cats. My favorite thing is to give them baths. Fast forward to now-my dad got married and I live with my mom, three sisters and a crazy cat. He does not like for me to give him baths. Trust me I have tried and it didn't work out too well.  I also have some brothers and sisters outside. Occassionally I run out the front door and go see them. Boy dad gets upset when I do that. We used to have this huge bulldog.  I was ticked when they brought him home. Not sure where he went but glad it's just us girls now. And for the record-I am the boss of the house. I am pretty good at bossing my parents around too. I keep everyone in line and if one of my sister's get in trouble I am quick to fuss at them also. I do tell on them too if they are doing something they are not supposed to. Someones gotta keep them in line.

Here is a typical day for me-
I usually wake up really early and I am ready to go. I get real close to my dad's face when he is sleeping and bark at him. That usually does the trick. He gets up first and lets us all out to potty then eat breakfast. Then I go right back outside to see if I can find bugs or rabbits. Reba and I play all morning-that dang puppy drives me nuts. She used to be my size but now she is a giant! I really like to take her toys away from her and run. She is pretty fast but not as fast as me. When mom goes to work my sisters get put up and I get the whole living room to myself. It's great. I snooze all day and when dad gets home I am ready to go play after dinner. I really like Lola but man she won't stop kissing on me in the evenings. She is kinda a pest. Mom thinks it's funny cause I used to drive other dogs crazy..something about payback. I am usually very nice but sometimes I just want to be left alone.

Reba and I play all evening. Sometimes we find bugs and Angel tries to get them from me. I don't like that at all. We squabble but nothing major. I love to hunt rabbits. They are all over our horse pasture but I can't get them because of this stupid fence. They are really lucky I can't. I have been known to catch a rabbit or two in my time. When it's time to go to bed I run and jump on there and snuggle with my dad. He won't let me get under the sheets but I try really hard. Usually sometime during the night that little pipsqueak Lola gets close to me to snuggle and I have to tell her to get somewhere else. My mom and dad get upset because I wake them up but I need my space when I sleep. Sometimes I wish it was still just dad and I but hey what can you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment